Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blah blah blog

So blogging turned out to be exactly how I thought it would be… hard. Like writing a journal..start out all gung ho (totally writing it for public consumption of course) thinking I'll blog about this or I'll blog about that.. and then I don't. Or something happens in my real life that sends me for a wee loop, and that I would never be caught dead blogging or journaling about, so I do the oral version to only the closest of people and then boom a month or two has gone by and ...not a blog to be had.


After taking on Tiger I thought I would try the Sandra Bullock thing, but that got old fast..after all if it looks like dog and smells like a dog..umm it might just be a dog girlfriend... still the idea that you can be beautiful, talented, rich and famous and STILL get cheated on was somehow comforting to me..

Turns out I can't really write to a deadline either...... Started to write on the symbiosis I felt there might be with the fiftieth anniversary of the Pill falling on Mothers day... wanted to push the subject matter a little further to take the opportunity to warn my fellow Canadians about a fairly major shift to the right going on under the radar with many issues right now...not the least of which being access to safe, publicly funded abortions.... and don't be thinking those lax marijuana laws are anything you can count on in a world with privatized correctional services either... hiding behind “hard economic times” (I do a little puke in my mouth anytime I ever have to say that phrase)....BUT alas I started it on Mothers day and by the time I would have finished, I told myself, it would not have been Mothers day and thus not (as) relevant.

This brings me to the fact that I am a political animal and am going to have to go down that blogging road ... I have learned that I cannot blog about my art anymore than I can talk about it... doing so before execution risks taking the wind from the sail (or sale as it were), and doing so after is overkill ...so no more of that.. This does not preclude me however from continuing to blog about the studio and upcoming events... which then brings me to the fact that I am still going to have a show on the afternoon of twelfth of June and would like you to come to my Studio if you are in the GTA and so inclined. (see the invitation) It's not that I can't talk about the fact that I have almost kept up to the painting a week, it's that I better not say what any of them are ...or are going to be.... yikes I'm running out of time...

Having a show.. ... I mean talk about taking your clothes off in public.. there is/will be anxiety ..I was talking to another artist at her show not too long ago about this phenomenon of deciding to have a show and then suffering a steady stream of cold sweats of regret in the nights there after.. .but what the hell...Truth be known the gods have been speaking to me and what can I do but listen...They think I should have a show and have arranged all the stars to a line... the gods have been speaking to me a lot lately … and I am listening... and I am grateful for the company on this journey....the universe is a big place when you open yourself up to it... and try to blog.

1 comment:

  1. Make the word "new" in all caps on your flyer. The rest was evidence already of your anxiety. You will be fine. The show will be fine. You have lots of support. Reeeeelax girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete